Job Description Templates by Industry and Job Title
An accurate job description can mean the difference between hiring the rockstar employee you’re looking for, versus ending up with an applicant only vaguely familiar with the key responsibilities of the position.
Mighty Recruiter’s Job Description Templates allow you to publish the most efficient job postings across multiple job boards, ensuring a better pairing between the role you’re looking for and the highly-qualified candidates currently on a job search.
We sorted job description templates by industry and job title to make it easier for you to find the most relevant job descriptions for your recruiting process. You can use our industry directory to locate free templates for everything from Accounting and Finance, Administrative Support, Computers and Technology, Customer Service, Marketing, Advertising and PR to Psychology, Nursing and other jobs in the Healthcare industry.
If you have a specific title in mind, we offer unique job description templates by title such as Retail Salesperson, Cashier, Office Clerk, Registered Nurse, Nursing Assistant, Customer Service Representative, Waiter, General Manager, Truck Driver and many more. Try it today!Create a job Posting in minutes
Retail Salesperson Job Summary
As a retail salesperson, you will greet customers enthusiastically and determine their needs. You will recommend products and services based on their wants, explain the benefits of merchandise, answer questions, and demonstrate how products work. You must have an excellent working knowledge of current promotions and sales events, payment and exchange policies, and security practices. You will also process payments, and bag or package the purchases. You may be required to open or close cash registers, which involves counting the till and separating coupons, charge slips, and exchange vouchers. You will also stock shelves, mark prices on items, and prepare the floor for displays.
Retail Salesperson Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure high levels of consumer satisfaction by providing superior sales service
- Assess customers’ needs and provide information and assistance on product services and features
- Drive sales with product knowledge and market-driven enthusiasm
- Maintain presentable and in-stock condition of assigned sections of the store
- Actively seek out consumers shopping in store and offer assistance
- Discuss products offered and available alternatives, including creative financing options
- Cross-sell merchandise and services
- Ensure proper customer service by teaming with co-workers
- Establish trust relationships with customers
- Attend and participate in sales meetings
- Assist with physical inventory counts
- Monitor loss prevention activities
Retail Salesperson Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred
- Proven working experience in retail sales
- Working knowledge of market and consumer requirements and dynamics
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record of over-achieving sale quota
- Proficiency of sales principles and customer service practices
Founded in 1982, Silverfalls Pet Store is a leading retail natural pet food and supplies store in the Pacific Northwest. Our extensive product lines range from natural pet food to allergy-free products. We offer a wide range of choices to help pet owners ensure the optimal health of their animals. We work closely with manufacturers to offer only healthy alternatives for pets, such as no by-products, sugar, nitrates, or preservatives. Our goal is to educate our customers and provide information that will enhance the health of cats and dogs. We offer our customers superior service and the outstanding support needed to help enhance the health and wellbeing of their pets. We sell a full line of shampoo treatments, vitamins, and holistic flea control alternatives.
Retail Salesperson Job Description Template
Are you on the lookout for a friendly, persuasive retail salesperson who can greet your customers with a smile and make key recommendations? Then you need a convincing job description that can make your opportunity stand out among the hundreds of thousands of postings from competing organizations in this industry sector each month. To put together your own attractive job ad, use our retail salesperson job description template as a guide.View Template
Cashier Job Responsibilities and Duties
Total and itemize purchases by recording departments, prices and taxable as well as nontaxable items.
Answer customer questions and inform them of store policies.
Follow all policies and procedures to properly maintain checkout operations.
Count the register at the beginning and end of your shift.
Aid customers in signing up for store credit cards and reward programs.
Accept and enter coupon information on discounted items.
Use price sheets and special sale information to enter price change information.
Verify customer identity before accepting credit cards or checks by checking driver’s license information.
Cashier Skills and Qualifications
- A high school diploma or its equivalent
- At least two years of experience working in a garden center or greenhouse
- Fundamental knowledge of mathematics
- Team player
- Ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The concept of Spaven’s was conceived in 2007 by founder James Spaven, but wasn’t founded until 2012 in Champaign, IL. Since then, the company has opened up another location in Bondville. James created his business with the intention of providing his community with a supermarket that feels more like shopping in the comfort of your home. Spaven’s puts its focus on the customer experience, and we’re constantly asking for customer input into what we can do to make our stores (as well as their lives) better. We let customers and employees decide on the items and brands we stock in our various departments, and we even ask for customer input on discounts. We hope to start a chain of change in the supermarket industry, one that stretches not only across America, but the world.
Cashier Job Description Template
Are you seeking a capable cashier who is as personable as they are meticulous with money? In this competitive job market, you need a job description that will entice the best of the best to apply for your open role. To stand out from the competition and attract the most qualified candidates to your opportunity, use our cashier job description template as a guide when creating your job ad.View Template
Office Clerk Job Summary
Help! Our real estate office needs a lot of coordinating, so we’re looking for someone who is a master at filing and organization to help our business shine. If you love challenges, we have plenty to provide. You’ll work in a fast-paced environment with high customer volume where no one day is the same. If you are bursting with a lot of office management ideas, here is your chance to implement them. We prefer applicants who have a bachelor’s degree, but experience is not necessary. Instead, we’d like you to send us an email answering the question, “How do you whip an office into shape?” We’ll get in touch with applicants whose answers and resumes we like most.
- Revamp outdated and chaotic paper filing system, with the ultimate goal of digitizing many, if not most, operations and implementing new digital initiatives that reduce the use of paper
- Enter properties into the MLS, and ensure information and websites have gone through to partner sites
- Perform marketing support through heavy collaboration with our marketing guru, and write a good number of blog posts and other content types
- Use budgeting and assessment skills to oversee inventory levels, and reorder supplies when needed
- Do administrative support tasks such as faxing, copying, scanning, typing, writing fact sheets and so on
- Supervise maintenance of website and be main point of contact behind the generic firstname.lastname@example.org address
- Answer telephone calls, emails and in-person queries as necessary, referring clients or prospective clients to the best real estate agent to meet their needs
- Ensure smooth overall flow of office, with good operations both behind the scenes and in front
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (specific field does not matter)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Ability to perform basic administrative tasks
- Organizational skills
- Some office coordinator or administrative experience
- Familiarity with real estate
Office Clerk Job Description Template
Are you in need of an office clerk who can answer telephones, type documents, and file records like a pro? In this competitive job market, thousands of office clerk roles are available, so be sure to write a job description that will appeal to the most qualified candidates. To do so, use our office clerk job description template as a guide for writing your own persuasive job description.View Template
Registered Nurse Job Summary
You will be tasked with caring for pediatric patients with a variety of health conditions and challenges as well as collaborating with physicians to provide the highest-quality care possible to each individual. As a registered nurse on staff, you will communicate orders to medical assistants and other team members and coordinate with staff and families to ensure the adherence to the attending physician’s instructions as well as proper care and disease control practices.
Registered Nurse Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work in tandem with physicians to care for a variety of healthy and ill pediatric patients in a clinical setting
- Create an environment of compassion with physical, emotional and other psychological support for both patients and their families
- Observe care standards set by state nursing board, clinic policy, state nurse practice guidelines and other state and federal regulations
- Safeguard individuals by maintaining a sanitary environment and following infection-control procedures and pharmaceutical handling safety measures
- Promote patient well-being by teaching self-care techniques, and involving guardians in developing a plan for effective home care
- Operate medical equipment with accuracy and monitor patient condition using standardized methods and techniques
- Record observations, vitals and other pertinent health information to keep an accurate record of patient condition and progress
- Perform or assist with minor procedures under the direction of the attending physician
Registered Nurse Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science in nursing, or an accredited nursing degree
- Licensure granted by the National Council Licensure Examination-RN
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills as well as the ability to evaluate complex health conditions and give care as the situation demands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to follow and convey orders from physicians and other health care staff
- Calm and caring demeanor, especially under stress, with a focus on patient well-being, which includes physical, mental and emotional health
- Ability to organize and process a large amount of detail and a dedication to accurate recordkeeping
- Kindness toward children and a commitment to calming and soothing youngsters and their families before, during and after procedures
Family First Pediatrics has been caring for children for over 15 years and our team prides ourselves on maintaining a healthy, calm environment where we can aid children in regaining health and maintaining physical well-being. We are dedicated to teaching healthy practices to our patients and sponsor a family fun run each year with stations where attendees can learn better self-care and fitness techniques. We provide expert care for pediatric patients of all ages and require collaboration among staff in order to ensure the best attention for our clients.
Registered Nurse Job Description Template
Do you have an open position that needs to be filled by an experienced and caring registered nurse? In this fast-growing field, employers must pull out all the stops to entice the best nursing candidates. Start by writing a job description that really sells your opportunity. Use our registered nurse job description template as an example for writing your own compelling job post.View Template
Customer Service Representative Job Summary
When our customers require assistance, you’ll make sure they get whatever they need to feel secure with Schenectady Savings & Loan. You will greet all clients with a smiling face and an attitude that declares your eagerness to serve. You’ll answer the phones with a smile that can be heard on the other end. You’ll use your charm, pleasant demeanor and can-do attitude to offer banking the SSL way! Along the way, you’ll help our customers manage their accounts, make deposits, send money to friends and family, and more.
Schenectady Savings & Loan offers industry-leading benefits that include:
• Competitive salaries
• Company-provided healthcare
• Roth IRA and 401K
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition assistance
• Management development courses
Customer Service Representative Job Responsibilities
- Greet all guests as they enter your assigned branch
- Open and close saving and checking accounts for customers
- Process wire transfers and issue certified checks
- Collect and safeguard sensitive financial data
- Identify opportunities to promote banking products and refer clients to appropriate managers
- Overcome objections and resistance in a positive, “non-salesy” manner
- Courteously and competently resolve all customer complaints, taking ownership from first contact to final resolution
- Assist customers with inquiries and issues over the phone
- Complete telephone banking transactions with clients
- Provide accurate information about the bank and our products and services
- Maintain positive ratings based on customer feedback
- Meet and/or exceed performance evaluation metrics
- Obtain and maintain all federal, state and local licenses and certifications
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations
- Uphold the bank’s values and policies
Customer Service Representative Skills and Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field preferred
- Six months of experience as a bank teller, or one to two years of customer service experience with at least six months of cash-handling experience
- Self-starter and fast learner who can adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Sales experience
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to defuse difficult situations under pressure
- Excellent, professional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Multitasker with ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced workplace
- Verifiable touch-typing speed of 45 WPM or greater
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Licensed and certified in compliance with applicable laws, or eligible to secure required licensing and certification within 90 days of employment
Schenectady Savings & Loan has been a household name in the Mid-Atlantic Region for over a century. We take pride in our role as a financial bulwark that has helped people and businesses in New York and beyond achieve their dreams. As a new century picks up steam, our momentum continues to grow along with our strength. Thanks to our sound judgment, consistent values and the best employees in the world, the next hundred years look just as bright for SSL as the first.
Some Job Description Do’s and Don’ts
- While writing your posting, keeping the following best practices in mind can help you get the most out of your efforts:
- Do incorporate bullet lists to organize your content. This helps potential applicants get the information they need without feeling overwhelmed.
- Do create a complete picture of the work involved in a position to help prospects assess their abilities to meet the requirements of the role.
- Do accurately represent the company’s values and business philosophy, so candidates can get a feeling for whether they would be good fits.
- Don’t use vague verbiage or omit less glamorous aspects of a job to try and get more interest. Being honest about the job helps weed out those unprepared or unwilling to do what is needed.
- Don’t go overboard with the keywords. While search-engine optimization is undeniably important, you don’t want to stuff your description with keywords and leave it unreadable.
Customer Service Representative Job Description Template
Are you searching for a stellar customer service representative with a winning personality? With faster-than-average growth expected in this field, employers will have to compete for the attention of the very best jobseekers. Tempt the cream of the crop to apply for your open role with a top-of-the-line job description. Use our customer service representative job description template as a roadmap for writing your own.View Template
Waiter Job Summary
As a waiter at our neighborhood restaurant, you’ll be an integral part of a small, committed team that prides itself on delivering standout experiences to customers. Beyond just taking orders and interacting with guests and chefs, you’ll get the opportunity to set the tone and atmosphere on the floor (think selecting the playlist of the evening, designing the specials board, and keeping your area in tip-top shape). This is a great role for any food lover who wants to put their strong communication skills and positive attitude to work at a restaurant that truly believes that good food is key to a good mood.
- Greet customers as they are seated at their tables and help them choose a meal that they will enjoy
- Take orders from customers for drinks, food and dessert and relay those orders to the kitchen staff to ensure that they are created correctly
- Memorize and present daily specials to customers to help sell new menu items or seasonal specialties
- Fill in for the host or hostess on busy nights, greet customers and lead them to their tables, provide them with menus and make sure they have silverware and napkins
- Know the ingredients of the meals on the menu and how they are cooked, and use descriptive words to encourage customers to order them
- Remove used plates, cups, silverware and trash from the table after the customer leaves and prepare the table for the next customer
- Clean the restaurant after customers are gone, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, taking out the trash and checking bathrooms
- Stock waiter service area with supplies such as tableware, linens and coffee
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Must be 21 years or over to serve alcohol to customers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to life 20 pounds on a regular basis
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience as a waiter
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Experience with POS terminals and credit card processing machines
Waiter Job Description Template
Looking for a top-notch waiter to serve your customers? High turnover in the restaurant industry makes finding the right waiter a top priority, but no one is going to serve your dream employee up on a silver platter. Here’s a tip: write a job description that will attract the best of the best. Use our waiter job description template as a guide.View Template
Laborer Job Summary
Are you the type of person who would be bored by a sedentary office job? If you are a hard-working professional who loves to work with your hands and learn valuable skills, you could be the perfect fit for our laborer job opening. You will love our fast-paced environment and will feel right at home with our team of friendly, motivated professionals. We will give you plenty of opportunities to stretch and challenge your abilities as you complete a wide variety of tasks and projects. Become a valued member of our team and take advantage of our top-quality training, advancement opportunities and
competitive pay rates.
- Sort and arrange cargo prior to unloading or loading on a daily basis
- Move materials such as stock, freight and supplies into and out of production and storage areas, containers, delivery vehicles or loading docks manually or with the use of tractors, trucks, lifts or other equipment
- Follow oral instructions and written work orders with preciseness to make sure assignments are completed exactly as directed and on time
- Mark containers with identifying information, including tags, labels and other identifiers
- Clear out and thoroughly clean work areas on a daily or weekly basis, making sure all hazardous materials are promptly and properly removed from work areas
- Assemble material-handling equipment or gear, including packaging, rigging or temporary material-handling structures
- Secure cargo to ensure that it arrives at its destination safely and in good condition
- Inspect equipment, materials and structures regularly and monitor cargo area conditions to ensure they are safe and in compliance with regulations
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Strong communication skills
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to lift and handle heavy objects and machinery
- High school diploma or equivalent
Laborer Job Description Template
Seeking a hardworking laborer for your business? With increased demand for workers in construction and other fields, employers need to work hard to attract top talent. An excellent job description will help. To entice and hire the best candidates, use our laborer job description template as a guide for writing a job description that will attract candidates who possess the skills you need.View Template
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities and Duties
Use computer software to create spreadsheets.
Ensure filing systems and databases remain up-to-date and accurate.
Answer the phones, provide callers with information and transfer calls.
Update event calendars and schedule appointments.
Operate office equipment, including fax machines and copiers.
Implement methods for office cost control when the opportunity presents itself.
Attend technical workshops in order to remain current on the latest medical database technology.
Make sure medical and office replies remain well stocked and inventoried.
Administrative Assistant Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree
- Knowledge of contemporary spreadsheet, word processing and medical database programs
- At least three years of experience working in a medical practice, preferably a chiropractor’s office
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology (or a willingness to learn on your own time)
- Proven history of taking initiative and implementing upward movement and positive change in the workplace
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Dr. Ethan Kennington, D.C. opened his chiropractic practice in 2010 with the goal of showing his patients how essential a healthy spine is to a healthy body. He seeks to inform and educate his patients and offer them alternative methods of successfully treating their aches, pains and discomfort. Often implementing Eastern medicine and spiritual techniques with his treatment, Dr. Kennington practices Pilates and yoga and utilizes the methodologies with his treatment plans.
Administrative Assistant Job Description Template
Looking to hire an organized, reliable administrative assistant for an open role at your company? Companies who want to hire the very best administrative assistant must write the very best job description. Need some guidance on how to attract top talent? Use our administrative assistant job description template to make your job post appeal to the candidates that will best serve your business needs.View Template
General Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
Monitor suppliers in order to ensure they efficiently provide the theatre with services and goods and do so within budgetary limits.
Review current and historical financial statements to pinpoint areas that require improvement or cost reduction.
Create budgets, plans and measurements for results.
Help train and mentor assistant managers and employees.
Attend educational workshops and continuing education training when the opportunity presents itself.
Assign specific duties for employees and managers and prepare work schedules.
Operate projection equipment when the need arises.
General Manager Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in management or a closely related field
- At least three years of experience as a manager or assistant manager
- Some experience working in a movie theater is preferred, but not required
- Performance management skills
- Strategic planning
- Quality management
- Proven financial planning skills
The Vintage Theater made its world debut in 2016 and was the result of Alice Earl’s love of classic cinema and modern films with classic appeal. Rather that showing major blockbuster fare, the theater specializes in older films, film noir, international films, indie films and niche films that don’t fit in any specific genre. Earl opened the theater as a way to show moviegoers there’s more to the movie world than remakes, explosions, recycled plots and lackluster performances. The aim of The Vintage Theater is to reintroduce the magic of the cinema and show there’s still plenty of fruit that’s ripe for the plucking.
General Manager Job Description Template
When you are searching for a new general manager, a run-of-the-mill job description just won’t do. To find a candidate with the skills to plan, direct, and organize the operations of your organization, you need a job description that will make your opportunity stand out. Use our general manager job description template for ideas and guidance.View Template
Store Clerk Job Summary
Our small neighborhood bookstore is searching for an energetic and customer service-oriented retail sales associate to join our team. With us, you’ll share with customers your passion for and knowledge of books to find the perfect read while creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere where readers can curl up and relax. You will also have the chance to design displays, select books to be featured on our recommended reading lists and help create our seasonal promotions, all while enjoying the benefits of working on a small, cooperative and close-knit team. This is a great opportunity for friendly book lovers to build their interpersonal skills while spreading their love of reading to our diverse customer base.
- Greet guests as they enter the shop, ask whether they would like assistance with anything and provide help if needed in a friendly, hospitable and efficient manner
- Remain knowledgeable about and answer questions related to merchandise, sales, promotions and store policy
- Provide recommendations based on customer’s stated preferences, needs and desires
- Create a warm and cozy atmosphere for our guests in accordance with the vision of the store by acting in a welcoming and approachable manner during customer interactions
- Operate a cash register and perform related tasks, including cash handling, credit card processing and opening and closing of the register when on the first or last shift of the day
- Straighten, arrange, stock and dust off merchandise, maintain shelving areas as directed by management and participate in the designing of displays in windows and on tables
- Locate merchandise for customers, placing special orders to find desired items if necessary
- Handle refunds, returns and exchanges with a focus on timeliness and customer service
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Friendly, outgoing demeanor with a strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to express oneself clearly and persuasively when making sales
- Calm, professional demeanor even when confronted by discourteous customers
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 20 pounds
- Previous experience operating a cash register
- Demonstrated interest in literature is a plus
Store Clerk Job Description Template
If you’re hiring a new store clerk, you know you want someone with experience and a great personality. You also know that retail has a high turnover rate: so you need to find a candidate with staying power. The firs step is writing a terrific job description. To stand out from the competition and entice the most qualified candidates to apply for your role, use our store clerk job description template as a guide and create your own winning posting.View Template
Truck Driver Job Summary
As a Safely Delivered truck driver, you will ensure clients receive their deliveries on schedule and in a secure fashion. As needed, you will aid or advise clients on the safe removal of hazardous materials from your vehicle.
- Provide clients with timely deliveries in accordance to Transportation Manager’s schedule.
- Maintain consistent and regular communication with Radio Monitors and promptly inform Radio Monitors of potential causes for delay such as inclement weather, flat tires, etc.
- Perform regular safety inspections on vehicle to ensure compliance with government and company regulations.
- Periodically check cargo during transport to ensure safe delivery and limit risk of unforeseen events.
- Demonstrate safe and responsible driving at all times including but not limited to observing speed limits, signaling appropriately and getting adequate nightly rest.
- When needed, aid client in safely unloading and moving cargo from your vehicle.
- Ensure all necessary delivery and transport documents are approximately signed and dated.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- 2-3 years of Class A driving experience
- Clean driving record
- Must be familiar with DOT driving regulations
- Must be able to work full-time
- Strong written communication skills
- Customer service experience preferred
At Safely Delivered, we handle have a unique clientele with specific demands, which means we like to hire only the most dedicated professionals. We specialize in the safe transportation of toxic waste, hazardous chemicals and a range of other materials requiring attentive transport services. In 20 years of operations, we’ve never had any mishaps or major incidents, because we but the quality of our services first.
Safely Delivered truck drivers are trained professionals with a deep respect for safe handling. Because we have such high expectations for every member of our team, we understand we must provide our team with all the tools to succeed. From extensive training on how to handle your cargo to sleep-friendly delivery schedules, we promise to provide every member of our team with excellent professional support as long as they continue showcasing the company pillars of accountability, dedication and professionalism. If you want to be part of a high achieving and supportive team, please send in your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources Manager Phil Donahue at phil_HR@safelydelivered.com.
- When you are writing your job post, you’ll probably have to modify the above example to better suit your unique niche in truck driving sector. As you craft your own description, keep these best practices in mind:
- Use bullets. Never underestimate the power of a bulleted list. Bullets make it easy to scan documents and relay information quickly. Whenever you have an opportunity, inset a bulleted list with short phrases. It’ll increase the chances of applicants reading the entire job post and applying for the position.
- Use specific language. Though truck drivers can all expect to be driving large vehicles, your company’s transport standards may call for unique duties, training, etc. After reading your job description, the candidate should have a clear idea of what your company is about and the demands of the position.
- Use ‘you.’ Addressing the reader directly with ‘you,’ gives your job description a personal feel. The direct connection helps the readers imagine themselves in the position, while using terms like ‘candidate’ or ‘potential hire’ creates more distance between your company and your professional pool.
- Be succinct. Try your best to keep your job description under 700 words. Your job description should be informative, but it shouldn’t be an employee manual. Your trying to get your initial pool of resumes, so don’t risk loosing the attention of your reader with an overly long post.
- Speak with professionals in that position. If you haven’t worked as a truck driver or it’s just been a while since you’ve been on the roads, speak with some of your company’s current employees. Understand their perspective as far as the demands of the job and what’s necessary to succeed.
- Think like your ideal candidate. If you know what you are looking for, it’s time to think about what your ideal employee is looking for. Fill the post with information that compels quality applicants to choose your company first.
Truck Driver Job Description Template
When you need to hire a new trucker, it’s imperative that you put the pedal to the metal. Speed up your search with a great truck driver job description, and get the support you need to write your outstanding posting by turning to our truck driver job description template for tips and ideas. You can also use our job description builder to create your own professional job ad.View Template
Bookkeeper Job Summary
We are looking for a part-time bookkeeper for at a small office located downtown. Your primary duties would include recording all transactions, reconciling accounts, and creating financial reports to share with members of management. As the sole member of the accounting department, you might be asked to complete other financial tasks as they crop up. The position pays $18.00 per hour. You would be expected to work between 15 and 20 hours each week, with a flexible schedule.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to email@example.com.
- Record day-to-day monetary transactions, including purchases and incoming payments
- Create an annual budget and identify areas of overspending
- Keep accurate financial records and ledgers
- Balance books and double-check accounts for errors
- Complete tax forms and assist in the tax preparation
- Process accounts receivable
- Issue financial statements, including bills and receipts
- Maintain a cordial relationship with customers
- Manage payroll
- Maintain a petty cash drawer
- Follow up on delinquent accounts and ensure that receivables are collected in a timely manner
- Create quarterly financial reports and submit them to the management
- At least two years of bookkeeping experience
•BS or higher in finance, accounting or a related field
•Excellent numeracy and mental math skills
•Experience with Microsoft Excel and designated accounting software
•Good written and verbal communication skills
•Good attention to detail
•Willingness to work in a small office environment and the ability to complete all tasks with little direct oversight
XYZ Corp is a supplier of wholesale building materials to local contractors and construction companies. We are family owned and operated, and have been since our founding in 1993. Our staff is a small but close-knit team, and we are always on he lookout for someone who fits our laid back workplace culture.
Job Description Best Practices
- You can learn a lot from a well-written bookkeeper job description sample, but if some points are still unclear, these easy do’s and don’t will help ensure that you get everything just right
- Do use clear and concise language that is free of jargon or buzzwords
- Do write in present tense, using clear, specific action verbs when possible
- Don’t use paragraphs where bullet points or lists would suffice
- Do include instructions for submitting a resume and contact information for the hiring manager
- Do anticipate and answer common questions, such as job salary and benefits, the location of the job, whether it is full-time or part-time, whether it is a supervisory position, and so on
- Don’t say the salary is negotiable if it isn’t
- Do be specific about what you want and about what skills and abilities the employee should have. If some skills are preferred but not essential, include them anyway
- Do mention whether the job involves travel, telecommuting or working odd hours
- Don’t use gimmicks or try to make your job description funny; easy to understand information is always preferable
- Do “sell” the job by mention perks and explaining why your company is a great place to work
- Don’t fill the Company Profile section with a lot of dry information; use it to explain what makes your company special
The more clear you make your job description, the more likely you are to attract candidates who are exactly what you are looking for. An unclear job description wastes the time of applicants and hiring managers alike, so it’s important to get it right the first time.
Bookkeeper Job Description Template
If you’re hiring a bookkeeper, it goes without saying that you’re looking for a candidate who is going to be an asset to your team. Bookkeepers must have particular qualities, among them: accuracy, honesty, and reliability. A convincing job description can help attract a candidate with the skills you need, including basic math and computer skills and knowledge of spreadsheets and bookkeeping software. Use our bookkeeper job description template for assistance in writing your own exemplary posting.View Template
Office Administrator Job Summary
Are you a self-starter who enjoys working with people, managing day-to-day operations, collaborating with a team of professionals and earning the trust of your colleagues? If this sounds like you, then you might be an excellent match for our office administrator position! If selected, you’ll manage a busy rental office at a suburban apartment complex with over 3,000 residents. While working together with our rental management team, you’ll be the friendly face in the front office as you interact with our residents and become a valued part of our leasing community. Enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package as part of this position in addition to advancement opportunities within a large management company handling over 20 properties in the local metropolitan area.
- Respond to telephone, email, walk-in and website contact form inquiries from existing community members, prospective residents, management, vendors and other constituents
- Create and process new leases as well as lease renewals and additions, such as washer and dryer rentals, parking garage rentals and pet addendums
- Handle minor financial transactions for the office, such as collecting rental payments and deposits, issuing receipts and purchasing needed supplies
- Maintain resident and other office files while practicing company-wide file retention policies
- Collaborate with on-site maintenance team and external contractors to ensure that the property and individual units are repaired and maintained to meet company standards and local laws
- Collect, process and distribute incoming mail as well as compose and send correspondence for other office staff
- Handle resident complaints, maintenance requests and other concerns according to property-specific and company procedures
- Assist management and other staff to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Two years of prior experience in a rental office or property management environment
- Ability to use a desktop computer and office suite software packages
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Availability to work weekends
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Office Administrator Job Description Template
Office administrators perform complicated jobs, but with a great job description, finding one should be simple. To find a candidate with skills in financial planning, record keeping and billing, personnel, physical distribution and logistics, start with a compelling job post that will stand out from your competition. Need some tips? Use our office administrator job description template for inspiration.View Template
Nursing Assistant Job Description Sample
Below is a sample Certified Nursing Assistant job description to help you produce a great job description that will draw in the best talent.
Certified Nursing Assistant Job Summary
Your role will be working under the direction of nurses to deliver high-quality care to patients. The job entails long hours assisting the professional team by implementing numerous residential care activities and related nonprofessional duties required to care for the comfort and personal needs of the patients. You will provide basic nursing care to patients and residents under the direction of a nursing supervisor, such as personal grooming, feeding, and bathing as designated by the physicians or nurses in charge. You will also manage established medical procedures and policies, and quality assurance programs to meet objectives and environmental, infection control, and safety standards. You will need to communicate with residents and members of the nursing staff as needed.
Certified Nursing Assistant Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assesses, monitors, and manages residents to ensure their well-being, safety, and health
- Provides help with personal hygiene, including bathing, dressing, grooming, and oral hygiene
- Assists residents with tasks of daily living
- Records patient vital signs such as accurate blood pressure checks
- Helps residents maintain health by encouraging participation in activities and exercise
- Makes beds, serves meals, and keeps rooms clean
- Maintains medical equipment and assists with certain medical procedures
- Answers requests for help and observes variations in patient’s behavior or condition
- Performs other duties as assigned
Accounts Receivable Supervisor Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or GED
- CNA certification
- Minimum of 1,200 hours of CNA experience
- Demonstrated experience with specialized materials
- CPR Certification preferred
- Ability remain calm under stressful situations
- High level of personal effectiveness and credibility
- Teamwork oriented
Daniels Living Center is a premier, non-profit senior living center that has been serving the community for over 35 years. We provide a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice care, home health care, and rehabilitation therapy.
We contribute a comprehensive continuum of accommodations and services ranging from a variety of floor plans and an assortment of residence styles for independent living to individual attention in a skilled nursing and personal care setting. The Center creates an atmosphere of compassion and kindness for our residents and staff.
Nursing Assistant Job Description Template
Having an open certified nursing assistant position can be a Code Blue for your medical facility, especially as finding a caring, skilled nursing assistant is a challenge in today’s competitive market. For most, nursing is a passion, not a career - so write a job post that will entice the best candidates to apply for your role. Need more inspiration? Use our nursing assistant job description template to get your posting written right.View Template
Most Popular Job Description Templates
- Professional Retail Sales Associate Job Description Template
- Cashier Job Description Template
- Office Clerk Description Template
- Registered Nurse Job Description Template
- Customer Service Representative Job Description Template
- Professional Writer Job Description Template
- Professional Laborer Job Description Template
- Administrative Assistant Job Description Template
- Assistant General Manager Job Description Template
- Store Clerk Job Description Template
- Truck Driver Job Description Template
- Bookkeeper Job Description Template
- Professional Office Administrator Job Description Template
- Nursing Assistant Job Description Template
- Business Development Representative Job Description Template
- Professional Inside Sales Job Description Template
- Food Service Manager Job Description Template
- Front Desk Receptionist Job Description Template
- Professional HR Generalist Job Description Template
- Real Estate Broker Job Description Template
- Physical Therapist Job Description Template
- Occupational Therapist Job Description Template
- Shift Supervisor Job Description Template
- Facilities Manager Job Description Template
- Product Marketing Manager Job Description Template
- Financial Analyst Job Description Template
- Barista Job Description Template
- Professional Chef Job Description Template